Plans, implements, supervise and evaluate all programs and activities provided in program areas, such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, and Physical Education within a Clubhouse.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Identify needs of the children and youth in the demographic area in line with the Club’s strategy and the outcome targets that have been established.
- Ensure program quality by monitoring and evaluating program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan by planning, organizing and implementing a range of program services and activities for members and visitors.
- Recommend the development of service area programs, and promote and stimulate program participation.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain the operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups
Administration and Management
- Manage administrative systems by registering new members and participating in their club orientation process
- Recruit, train and manage assigned volunteers and staff; provide ongoing feedback, and identify and support development opportunities.
- Assist to manage facilities and ensure a productive work environment OF CECIL COUNTY
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Ensure implementation of all planned programs in each program area with the assistance of Program Aides under you and the Site Director’s direction.
- Ensures stakeholders (schools, parents, members, the general public, staff, donors, volunteers) are raving fans of the Club, it’s programming, and it’s members.
- Minimum of one year experience in planning and implementing youth programs.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid State Drivers License
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Site Director/Club professional staff to interpret and explain the organizational mission, program objectives, and standards, and provide/receive information. Maintains contact with facility owner/director and building a strong relationship. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, parent groups and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize Clubs.
Physical Requirment/Work Environment:
Unit Director must be able to physically engage in any and all programming while supervising the program area and Unit.