Responsible for planning and implementing the day-to-day programs and activities in employee’s designated field of expertise: Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, or Character & Citizenship resulting in intentional outcomes. Coordinators provide direct service to members during service hours. They are responsible for planning programs that prepare members for their future. The Program Aide must ensure the 5 Elements are weaved into the day-to-day programs and activities provided: Safety, Fun, Recognition, Supportive Relationships & Expectations and Opportunities resulting in an optimal club experience.
Organization & Planning
- Responsible for implementing the annual calendar and designing the programs and high yield learning activities that will be provided daily.
- Ensure program and activity supplies are available at least a week in advance of need.
- Coordinating with Program Director work with outside groups to come in and help implement programs at least twice a quarter and ensure a value-added experience for all.
- Programs: Project Learn (High Yield Learning Activities) STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math), Power Hour, National Art Exhibit
- Program Areas: Technology Center, Learning Center & Art Room
- Programs: Master Chef, Garden, Triple Play, Sports Leagues, SMART programs
- Program Areas: Gym, Games room, Café, Garden
- Programs: Torch Club, Keystone, Youth of the Year, College & Career Readiness, Mentorships, and Junior Staff
- Program Area: Lounge, Lobby, Front Desk
- Responsible for on the job training and supervision of program assistant providing the resources needed to ensure assistant is prepared daily for programs.
- Establish positive and meaningful relationships with the Club’s members.
- Assist in the management of data, including program implementation, attendance, retention, and impact.
- Manage areas during hours of operation and ensure a productive work environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order. Recommend requisitions, as necessary; to the Branch Director.
- Supervise program assistant and area volunteers during the program hours, ensuring that programs and plans are being implemented accordingly.
- Ensure program areas are clean, organized, clutter free and neat before and after operating hours.
- Ensure daily plans are posted outside of program area every day.
- Bulletin boards in designated areas must include recognition for the members and be updated on a regular basis.
- Ability to respond to and attempt to resolve conflicts that may arise among the members and/or staff in a calm and professional manner.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and professional relationships with youth and their parents as well as community leaders participating in the programs.
- Perform special assignments and assist with special projects as directed by the Branch Director.
- Establish programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and create an outcome- driven Club experience that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Set an example of what is expected to members, staff, parents, and partners.
- Communicate and build consensus around the organization’s mission, vision, and core values and acts in a consistent manner.
- Personally accepts responsibility for performance in the area of responsibility.
- Follow through on promises and commitments.
- Employee recognizes the value of both group and individual volunteers; is consistently accommodating to volunteers, and looks for creative ways to incorporatevolunteers into their program.
- Be a respectful and active team player.
- Ensures stakeholders (schools, parents, members, the general public, staff, donors, volunteers)
are raving fans of the Club, it’sit’s programming it’s members.
- HS diploma or equal
- 1-year experience working with youth
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excels in fast-paced, team environment
Good Character & Citizenship
Staff Management & Supervision