Mission: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for directing the strategic planning, operation and expansion of services using Club(s) on the Go mobile programming, in support of the organizational mission and goals. Expansion of programming includes Baltimore, Harford and Cecil Counties, as well as select counties on the Eastern Shore. Serves as a member of the Administrative Leadership team in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources, and establishing policies that insure equity, diversity and inclusion. Oversees area coordinators in expansion efforts and coordinates with Branch Managers to provide direction to staff in carrying out the key roles assigned to them.
- Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within community:
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
- Supervise area coordinators providing necessary leadership in the expansion of their specific areas.
- Implement programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
- Participates in the strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements and growth of services.
Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth-serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenues through a variety of fund raising techniques. Identify, cultivate and solicit donors. Provide staff support for the planning and implementation of special events.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
- Assist in developing, implementing and monitoring the program’s annual budget.
- Implement operational systems to support effective operations.
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance, performance evaluations, feedback and opportunities for professional development.
- Develop and implement plans for updating existing technology and resources:
- ensure the allocation of funds for implementing and updating existing technology and resources;
- ensure the maintenance of Club on the Go technology and information management systems.
- Utilize Virtual programming platform to enhance and support community programs.
Data Collection and Reporting
- Ensure timely accurate reporting of program attendance and effectiveness data including but not limited to program attendance, meals served, membership requirements and grant reporting.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Collaborate with Marketing and Director of Administration and Donor Relations to develop and execute marketing campaigns that ensure active participation in community based programs.
- Increase visibility of programs, services and activities and maintain good public relations.
May be assigned special projects periodically.
RELATIONSHIPS: Internal: Maintain contact with Administrative office, Club staff, volunteers, and club members.
External: Maintain contact with community leaders, advocacy groups, parents, school officials, partners, service clubs, and potential and current donors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience in managing programs or operations in a non-profit agency or Boys and Girls Club; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; the principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement effective operations.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.